Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible hardware problem

3 posters

:: Off topic

Go down

Possible hardware problem Empty Possible hardware problem

Post  Tarkan Sun May 10, 2015 5:40 pm

So,after I turned on my PC some days ago I seen a pure blank screen,the lamp blinking and there was nothing I could do.After that I was troubleshooting the components and I saw there's nothing wrong with them (I was thinking it was the HDD gone to hell) and because I constantly was turning on and off the Windows crashed. (At that time I didn't know it crashed because I couldn't see anything,later on I saw Windows crashed at my brothers place.)

So,I pack up the PC with the drivers and Windows CD,go to my brothers place and I see that we have the display and that the Windows crashed.

After I've installed Windows & drivers,I got home and I had an really unpleasent surprise,I had no display on my monitors (since I have two CRTs,tested both before Windows installement)and after moving the cable in all directions I got a display,but not for long.After I let the cable it simply lost the display.Continously tried to get some display and I got the display for three times,but not for a long time(was holding the cable).After that I didn't touch anything and I still have the problem.

I'm assuming it's the VGA connector that's causing the problem.Some help please?

Tarkan
Saracen
Saracen

Number of posts : 442
Name In-Game : =TRC=Tarkan
Registration date : 2014-12-16

Back to top Go down

Possible hardware problem Empty Re: Possible hardware problem

Post  Kessu Sun May 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Test with a cable that works.

If it still gives no display, then the problem is either on the monitor side or the GPU side (where you plug the cable in). That is next-level hardware fixing that even I haven't done Very Happy

If it's the cable, you can get a new VGA cable from most stores with less than 5€.
Kessu
Kessu
Furie
Furie

Awards : Idler Award 2011
Number of posts : 1570
Job/hobbies : Z U C C T H I C C C U C K
Name In-Game : [EAF]Kessu
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarkan Sun May 10, 2015 6:22 pm

I would do that,but the VGA cable can't be disconnected from the monitors (CRT=fat monitor,I have two,both have non-disconnectable VGA cables Very Happy).And the one it worked it was the LCD Samsung one.So maybe it's time for an update?

Tarkan
Saracen
Saracen

Number of posts : 442
Name In-Game : =TRC=Tarkan
Registration date : 2014-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Kessu Sun May 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Yes.....
Kessu
Kessu