Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concert reviews

5 posters

:: Off topic

Go down

Concert reviews Empty Concert reviews

Post  Klaus Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:44 pm

A new topic I created for those interested in hearing me review concerts. Others can post their own reviews as well.

So the other day I was in Brixton for the Judas Priest show. Amazingly MSG were actually the supporting act and in all honestly they were the main reason I bought tickets as I'm an avid fan of Michael. I'd seen both bands before but not on the same bill so I was pretty excited because I knew both bands f**king kick ass. Getting straight to it, the show was pretty f**king awesome, topped off by Glenn Tipton handing me his guitar pic. Concert reviews 20151211Concert reviews 20151212

Michaels "Temple Of Rock" lineup is still playing flawlessly. The chemistry in the band is tight and if you haven't seen them yet get to it because its top quality. Their setlist was cut down rapidly since they only had 45 minutes on stage but they didn't disappoint one bit. The fact they played Victim Of Illusion was the highlight for me seeing as its one of my favorite songs and one of the few they didn't actually play the last time I saw them. Their encore with Rock Bottom is always a highlight as well. They did play RYLAH with Francis at center stage which was pretty cool but it's just not the same without Klaus. Other songs included Doctor Doctor, Into the Arena.

Judas Priest came on stage kicking off with one of their newest tracks Dragonaut. It was cool but the crowd went wild once they kicked into Metal Gods afterwards. Jack would happy to know that Desert Plains was the next song, a song they've not had in their setlist for a long while. This was a good choice but the next part of the setlist had me displeased. The fact they played Turbo Lover and The Rage yet did not play any songs from the Defenders album is not at all satisfying in my opinion. Once they kicked into BTROD and Glenn blazed out that solo it had me back in a good mood though. Then came SFV and the anthem BTL. That was cool but when they played HBFL afterwards that topped both and was one of the highlights for me. Their encore was familiar, consisting of hits Electric Eye, You've Got Another Thing Comin', and Painkiller where everyone just goes f**king nuts. That was easily the highlight of the entire show.
Klaus
Klaus
Groupie
Groupie

Awards : Survivor Award 2011
Number of posts : 4541
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Concert reviews Empty Re: Concert reviews

Post  Rapture Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Yeah, I saw Judas Priest this june. They were pretty damn good, opening bands consisted of some rather unknown band from the balkans and Helloween. They really tore up the place, but still Judas was the highlight of the show. The encore was indeed mindblowing and the crowd went wild, Glenn jumped into the audience after the show and greeted some fans. I saw Iron Maiden the previous year (2014) but JP totally blew that show away. Rob's vocals were as good as ever and they didn't drop Victim of Changes to D standard which was a real treat for me to hear it like it was on the record. 10/10
Rapture
Rapture
Saracen
Saracen

Number of posts : 412
Job/hobbies : Bassist / Backing vocals
Name In-Game : =AV=Rapture
Registration date : 2011-06-07

https://www.youtube.com/user/RaptureVC

Back to top Go down

Post  JackDawZ Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:25 pm

That's amazing! Hope you enjoyed (I don't even hope, I know you did). I'd sell my soul for seeing them live, however, I'm pretty sure they'd play their typical setlists and that makes me sad:(, I'd really like to seem them play something rare off DOTF / Screaming for vengeance (like Bloodstone, The Sentinel, Some heads are gonna roll) or  Ram it down, which hasnt been played for decades, , it's so underrated in my opinion (half tracks suck though xD), but the things like Blood red skies or Heavy Metal, or Come and Get it, or Ram it down itself, that's what makes this album rock. Their new albums are headbanging-able of course, but the 80s is what JP is all about. Still waiting for them to appear here once though, not sure if I live up to see that day.
JackDawZ
JackDawZ
Felon
Felon

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Alarba Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:39 pm

Going to watch The Aristocrats' first gig in Portugal next month, I'll post a review then.
Alarba
Alarba
EAF Warlord
EAF Warlord

Awards : Fists of Fury Award 2011
Number of posts : 352
Job/hobbies : Mastering the guitar, and physics.
Name In-Game : [EAF]Alarba
Registration date : 2010-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Klaus Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:40 pm

Alarba wrote:Going to watch The Aristocrats' first gig in Portugal next month, I'll post a review then.
Wat?

JackDawZ wrote:I'd really like to seem them play something rare off DOTF / Screaming for vengeance (like Bloodstone, The Sentinel, Some heads are gonna roll)
Yeah as I said, it was a shame they didn't play anything form the Defenders album. Usually they do play The Sentinel live.

Klaus
Klaus
Groupie
Groupie

Back to top Go down

Post  Alarba Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:15 pm

Laughing Which part did you not understand? The Aristocrats are coming to Portugal for the first time and I'm going to see their gig.
Alarba
Alarba
EAF Warlord
EAF Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Kessu Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:03 pm

Alarba wrote:Laughing Which part did you not understand? The Aristocrats are coming to Portugal for the first time and I'm going to see their gig.
There's no tea included, how did you think he'll understand? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Kessu
Kessu
Furie
Furie

Awards : Idler Award 2011
Number of posts : 1570
Job/hobbies : Z U C C T H I C C C U C K
Name In-Game : [EAF]Kessu
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Klaus Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:10 pm

I've never heard of The Aristocrats. Seriously what is that lol
Klaus
Klaus
Groupie
Groupie

Back to top Go down

Post  Alarba Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:12 pm

Klaus wrote:I've never heard of The Aristocrats. Seriously what is that lol
Guthrie Govan + Marco Minnemann + Bryan Beller
Alarba
Alarba
EAF Warlord
EAF Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Klaus Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:14 pm

Ah I see, Govan. Awesome. He plays locally all the time here.
Klaus
Klaus
Groupie
Groupie

Back to top Go down

Post  Alarba Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:37 pm

Just an update, the venue was rather small and sold out early on. Guess I'll be checking them whenever they return.
Alarba
Alarba
EAF Warlord
EAF Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Off topic

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum